Friday, August 6, 2010

Baby I'm a Star

As I mentioned before I am so frustrated and tired of yearning and waiting to be someone's sloppy seconds when I'd rather be their just desserts!

About a year ago I got a message from this guy Craig on one of my dating sites (we will refer to them as dating sites to make things easier for all of us). He messaged me and commented on how handsome he thought I was. I was in shock. He was the dreamboat that I had be thinking of since first realizing my boytraction from early on. Brown hair, brown eyes, he's italian but not guido. His smile alone could melt my heart. He is a total smoke show to say the least.

So we emailed back and forth for a bit. We even became friends on Facebook. I usually don't like to do things this way because more often than not once you see a guys facebook it is all down hill from there. Not the case for Craig. I enjoyed his posts. I found them to be witty and insightful. We had the same "likes" and "dislikes". Attraction was confirmed.

and then...

Craig ***** updated his status to "In a Relationship"

He started seeing someone. This was before he and I had met in person. Before you knew it his facebook was overloaded in pictures of THEM together. We met online in November so of course his pictures were holiday themed. THEM at a tacky sweater party, THEM at a black tie dinner, and THEM getting on my very last nerve. These were the dates that Me and Craig were supposed to be going on TOGETHER. I deleted his 'friendship' without hesitation. This was evil and I wanted no part. I moved on and pushed him way out of my mind. The biggest part that had bothered me was that it had been him that first approached me which is rarely ever the case. The only guys that approach me first are either of the following three if not a combination of two or more; fat, old, ugly. He was none of these.

A few months passed and low and behold I see him back on the same website that we had met before. I emailed him. We connected. I asked if he was single and he admitted that his BF had cheated, so they broke up.

I couldn't help but to feel vindicated. I don't like this feeling, but I felt vindicated he had dated this guy instead of trying me out for size and this little asshole cheated on him. Craig is sweet, handsome...I just don't get why someone would cheat on him, but I did have a thought of "that's what you get, fool!"

That is what you get for not chancing it with me. His dating profile states that he is looking for guys that "DO NOT PLAY GAMES". I am anything but that. After our initial email reunion I asked him to go to dinner. He put me off. Busy this week, how about the next? This went on for two weeks because typically for guys like this I can only allot a two week notice. I give strangers that I meet from online a two week window to book the first date and after that I completely lose interest. Call it my pride, call it self-worth, but take a picture sweetie, cause I ain't got time to waste!

You might not know it now, but baby you'll find out...

No comments: