Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 12th

"If you are still available and are interested I would love to get together sometime after August 12th". That's what this kid said to me after we haven't seen or spoken to one another in who knows how long. I thought it was odd. "Uh, okay," I said uneasily, "what happens after August 12th?" I figured he would admit to being a shit. I also assumed that this was somehow or another the official date that he would be done with his boyfriend.

Let me back peddle a bit here. See, it is not that he actually HAS/HAD a boyfriend of sorts. When we first met he told me that he had "Someone". When asked he did not admit to this person being a boyfriend. He even admitted to there not being a future there but insisted that I "understand his situation". Um, No. If you want me you want me. Moving on...

You could call him a "Missed Connection" success story, or then again I guess you could not. That is how we met. We both checked each other out at the gym. Both of us were too chicken shit to speak to one another (well...I take it back. I said goodbye to him as he left the gym but then he coward with his tail between the legs when he mumbled goodbye in return). He posted the missed connection and much to your UNsurprise I had been checking the site religiously after I got home. I just KNEW that night was MY night and sure enough he posted. I replied. He replied. I replied again. "Wow that was fast," he mentioned. We admitted to having a mutual interest. We could not decide who's was stronger, and yes, we even argued.

We decided to meet for dinner that night, after finishing our separate workouts. We had, what I would normally refer to as, a GREAT FIRST DATE. We had the same interests for the most part. The things he said that got on my nerves were things that I would stomach for at least a second or even third date.

But then it got awkward.

Even though I had NEVER seen this guy at the gym before, OF COURSE now I saw him every night of the week. On our first date I had been aggressive in trying to book the second date. I'm a firm believer in "Act now, or forever sit at home alone". He said that he had a prior engagement and would not be able to make it but come Friday night he was at the gym with his workout partner. I tried to hurry through my workout and when he stopped me for chit chatter I tried backing out. Then he came and found me in the remote part of the gym where I was finishing up. "If you aren't doing anything after..." He invited me to grab a burrito next door and then much to my dismay invited along his (what I later came to know as Chatty Kathy) workout partner. He did not stop talking the entire time and gave me and this guy NO TIME to get to know one another. This was pretty much the last time that we saw one another outside of the gym. Since then there have been random texts.

I think it is incredibly obnoxious that I have to wait for everybody else to make up their minds. I have to wait for people to decide that they would actually give me a shot (after the other guy falls through). Well I will tell you this much fellas...I'm not gettin any younger, and I sure as shit ain't gonna sit on my ass and wait for boys who play with toys. Instead I'll be looking for the man with the plan!

You can take August 12th and go shove it up your pie hole.

No comments: